Thursday 7 February 2008

Wednesday, Thursday happy days!

After about 8 days of relentless crying from the wee man…crying (yelling!) during and after feeds, crying as soon as he wakes up and at times crying in his sleep…we have just had two days of peace. I began to feel nervous about every feed and anxious when he did finally sleep fearing how loud and for how long he’d yell when he woke up, but by this afternoon I actually felt relaxed when he slept confident that on waking he might just grumble a little, stretch his arms and fall back to sleep or demand a little entertainment or peaceful feeding. We are none the wiser whether this was all due to growth spurts, something that disagreed with him via my breastmilk, the fast milk flow or some combination…but I have to say I’m absolutely relieved to have had a day when I could start to feel human again. I have been reluctant, or its just been impossible to invite anyone round when he’s been like this so apologies to those who wanted to visit this past week or so and couldn’t. I’m just praying that this peaceful phase continues for a while…or forever! So today we actually had some fun and the wee guy made me laugh again…we also had the messiest time at the changing station when he managed to both wee up the wall and poop all down my top (from one foot away!) both at the same time then throw his feet and legs in everything. The resulting mess meant a bath for the wee guy which is certainly one of his favourite activities. Now rather than sitting frog like in the water he excitedly pushes his legs full stretch and is a struggle to hold…so from now on it’s over to his proper baby bath as he’s outgrown the washing up bowl that had been perfect until now! He also pulled a whole heap of funny and happy looking faces today that I’m sad to say I didn’t have a chance to capture on camera…but it made me see glimpses of the little boy we’ll soon be getting to know.


Auntie Lisa popped round later in the afternoon and had a mega bonding session with the little man. He even snuffled and sniffed right in her armpit. Which is a sign of great affection.

S x

1 comment:

House Dad said...

Place a tissue over his bits when you change the wee guy, as this will catch any wee. Taking the nappy off stimulates wees.

Lee :o)