Monday 9 February 2009

These past 2 weeks I have mainly been....

1. Having a great ol' time laughing, rolling about on the floor, playing with my toys and generally being very content and happy.
Here I am talking to the teddies, playing with my new frog bath toy and giving 'Paul McCartney' and big cuddle.


2. Starting to let my personality and sense of humour shine through as I instigate chasing and peek-a-boo games, sometimes using the silliest of objects to hide behind (see below).

3. Enjoying looking inside, under, behind, round and over things as I get to grips with the interesting three dimensions of this world. I like to lie on the floor to look under the sofa (I often hide special toys here), I peek behind the mirrors leant against the wall, I clamber under chairs and tables and look into any holes and secret spaces I can find. I also like stand really close to the TV...but Im not allowed to do this for long..:-(

4. Posting objects in any baskets, boxes and hidey places I find. Mum made me a post box by cutting a flap in the side of an old Pampers box and I managed to hide the phone in here for nearly the whole day before she found it! Yesterday mum was unable to get off to work as I posted her car keys in a toy car as soon as we got to Traceys and it took them both 20 minutes to find them!! hahaha! I can also empty the contents of a cupboard in a flash.

5. Eating grapes and strawberries rather blueberries. Whilst I was obsessed with blueberies for almost 6 weeks...even my bum took on a blue hue as so many berries went through my system! I now find blueberries so very 2008. Blueberries...pah...I spit you on the floor or squash you with my little fingers!


6. Enjoying a whole 2 week stretch of without illness. Yipeee...we're all happy at this rare treat.

7. Teaching myself some new skills, such as mounting the boucing zebra without any help from the olds and strumming daddys guitar instead of pulling at the strings. I've also been trying to send some emails and have worked out how to hit the buttons on the dishwasher. When mum set the dishwasher to run last week, I went over and added another 2 hours to the cycle by pressing the '+' button...hahaha...she wondered why it was still going when we came back from our walk!! I can also stop it mid cycle or turn it off completely...fun days ahead!

8. Still loving books and music. Since mum and dad bought me my cool bookcase for my birthday I've been selecting my own books and sitting down on my cushions to read them all by myself. I've also found a great way to reach some of the bigger books at the back (see below)

9. Getting on GREAT with my pals Daniel and Georgia. Daniel and I have a ball all day long with Tracey when mum is at work. The minute we see eachother in the morning we start laughing and talking to eachother, we then chase eachother about the floor, sit and chat on the stairs and play peek-a-boo in our little den (underneath Traceys dining table). On a Wednesday Georgia is with us too, she's an older girl, nearly two, but she's cool so we all play together. She can say real words and often calls me by my name (its so cute) and she can do useful stuff like passing me my jacket and hat when mum comes to pick me up.
What else has been happening...?
Like the rest of the UK this week, it's been snowing in Glasgow. I went out to look at it but wasn't to keen...but Alisha, Chloe and mum Moira from upstairs were having a ball...they even made a snowman and named him Curtis...ahhh!
- Me and my mate Alan.
Mum and dads pal Alan Megson came round to visit us last Saturday...I was so excited to see Alan that I refused to go down for my post-lunch nap and stayed up instead showing off as much as I could...I did my cutesy sideways peering, I climbed in the ball pit and threw some balls really hard, I threw some balls at Alan, I toddled around on my walker and played him some tunes on my drum machine. Then before he left I gave Alan a huge cuddle. I like Alan a lot :-)

No comments: